The neighbours and us sometimes get together and have themed dinner nights. This particular night we decided to have an Italian night and I made Arancini. Here is the recipe below:
1L (4 Cups) Chicken Stock
1 tbs Olive Oil
1 Brown Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 1/2cps Arborio Rice
1/2 cp Shredded Parmesan
2 cps Breadcrumbs
1 cp Plain Flour
100g Mozzarella, cut into 1.5cm pieces
1. Place the stock in a saucepan, bring to boil. Cover and simmer
2. Heat oil in large saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft
3. Add rice to onion mix, stir and cook until grains appear glassy. Slowly add stock and stir until liquid is completely absorbed and the risotto is creamy. Stir in parmesan. Set aside to cool completely. Add 2 eggs and stir well until combined
4. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Place flour in a bowl. Lightly whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Shape 2 tsp of risotto into a ball, Make an indent, place a piece of mozzarella in and then mould ball around it. Repeat till all mixture is in balls
5. Roll ball in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs. Place balls in the fridge for 30 min to chill.
6. Heat oil, add balls and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown
MAKES 28 BALLS
Time Plan Hint: Prepare the uncoated balls upto 2 days ahead - store in an airtight container in the fridge.
It was such a tasty little entree, and would suit any theme really.
Leave me a comment if you decide to try it out for yourself
Till next time