Today I am sharing an absolutely delicious recipe called Tuscan Garlic Chicken that I found on Pintrest and adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, it is wholesome, heartwarming, amazing, gut filling, tastebud tickling awesomeness.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic (about 4-5 cloves)
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips or chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 500g fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons Cornflour
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkt 500g fettuccine
- 1. Preheat the oven to180c
- 2. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Dip each chicken piece in the flour mixture, coat well.
- 3. Heat 3 tbs of the olive oil over medium heat.Place the chicken breasts in the pan, cooking until they are golden and browned, remove and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 min, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- 4. Cook fettucine
- 5. Wipe out and return pan to medium heat,adding 2 tbs olive oil, garlic and capsicum,sauteing for 2-3 min.
- 6. Stir in one tbs flour. Add the stock and bring the to a low simmer, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. Whisk together the cornflour and cream. Add the spinach, milk and cream mixture to the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- 7. Place pasta on each plate. Top with chicken breast and spoon sauce over the top.
If you have a craving for tender chicken, hearty pasta and an unbelievably tasty creamy Parmesan sauce, this is the meal for you.
Leave me some love if you pass by and please let me know if you make it and whether it was a hit in your household
Hope you have an amazing day
Follow my blog with Bloglovin