Hope you are all enjoying your Super Sunday, I only got my lazy butt out of bed not that long ago, its 9:30am and I feel like I have already wasted half my day but obviously I needed a bit of a sleep in.
I have a recipe share today and these are so much better than what comes out of a packet from the supermarket - packed with flavour....and Bacon......MMMmmmm Bacon
|Beef N Bacon Pies|
2 tbs Oil
2 Onions, chopped
750g Steak of choice
500g Bacon, chopped
2 tbs Tomato Paste
2 cps Beef Stock
1/2 cp Peas
2 tbs Parsley
5 sheets Shortcut Pastry
3 sheets Puff Pastry
1 Egg, lightly beaten
Steamed Green Beans to serve
1. In a frying pan heat oil, cook onion, add beef and cook till browned, stir in bacon
2. Mix in tomato paste, stock and simmer for 1 hour. Allow to cool.
3. Stir in peas and parsley. Season.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
5. Grease Muffin tin, cut shortcut pastry to fit and line in tin, spoon filling into rounds
6. Cut puff pastry and use as lids on the rounds, press edges together to seal, cut air vents in the tops and brush with egg
7. Bake 15-20 min, until puffed and golden. Serve hot with buttered beans
These pies are perfect for a cold winters night or to have when you watch the footy, you could even add some mash or gravy over them and they would still taste beaut.If you make these and make any changes I would love to hear about it because I love variation - variety is the spice of life they say
Don't forget to leave me some love when you drop by and I hope your winter weekend has been a happy one