Well it's Thursday already, I can't believe how fast the weeks are going at the moment, everyone seems so busy and so strapped for time so this is the PERFECT, QUICK recipe for the busy mum who wants to feed her tribe something yummy that isn't going to have you spending hours in the kitchen.
There are a few ingredients that I can't seem to live without - Garlic and Cheese........
I'm the type of person that always doubles or even triples the amount of garlic that is in a recipe because I believe that garlic is beneficial to have in your diet, as well as being a tasty addition to almost every cooked dish, garlic is believed to have some amazing abilities to help in our everyday lives, garlic is not only used for medicinal purposes but it makes your dinner taste amazing. Some of the believed health benefits are simply -
1. Garlic strengthens the immune system as well as helps to fight chest infections, coughs and congestion.
2. Garlic contains high levels of iodine which makes it a very effective treatment for hyperthyroid conditions.
3. Cardiovascular disease can be reduced by ingesting garlic. 4. Fungal and bacterial vaginal infections are toast when treated with garlic!
5. Garlic is a great source of vitamin B6 which is needed for a healthy immune system and the efficient growth of new cells. Vitamin B6 can also assist with mood swings and improve your cheery disposition!
6. Garlic regulates blood sugar as it enhances the level of insulin in the blood.
This recipe is rich and creamy, while the fresh parsley gives it a nice bit of color and flavour. But more importantly, it gives me my garlic fix. And when I can combine my two loves, garlic and cheese? Now that’s a beautiful thing.
3 tsp Olive Oil
6 cloves Garlic, minced
3 tbsp Butter
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
4 1/2 cps Chicken Stock
750g Spaghetti or Angel Hair Pasta
1 1/2 cps Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 1/4 cps Cream
3 tbs Parsley
1. In a pot, bring the olive oil to medium-low heat.
2. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the butter until melted. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until tender. Reduce to medium heat and mix in the parmesan until completely melted.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley. Serve immediately.
This quantity serves 6 hungry people and I can guarantee you won't be reaching for an after dinner snack (which is always a bonus).
Don't forget to leave a comment if you have visited me and also if you try the recipe and have a variation I would love to know about it.
Have a great rest of the week - Love and Hugs